Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Playing With Night


The storm is coming across the waters
The day has become night.
Tears have replaced laughter 
And the mist interferes with sight

How else could you explain the roaring noise
The flashing coloured lights?
The shadows of ghostly girls and boys 
If they all had perfect sight?

No, it has to be an illusion, 
A dangerous trick of the light
What are the people using
Who is playing with night?

Youre telling me what I want to hear 
Youre playing with my life
You make sure youre always near 
A potentially dangerous fire

I should stop believing you 
There cant be magic here
But I want to believe you too
Despite all my fear.

I'm missing each word as it passes by
Time is on nobody's side
Keep on catching lie after lie
There is nowhere left to hide

No comments:

Post a Comment