Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Letting Go



I wish that you knew more
I wish that you could understand
That I could open that door, let you take my hand
I wish I could let you in, show you who I am
Let you be a friend, give you all I have

But I'm not the one you love now 
And I don't think you want my heart
I finally see it now
Our lives should be apart
I know better than to think 
You will be here for me
And I can't help how I feel
I know you don't see

I'm letting go of everything before
I am forgetting my past
I don't really care anymore
Because it was never meant to last
I'm slowly cutting all ties
Leaving behind the memories
Supporting no more lies
Forgetting all the worries

This will be a good thing
Because this is what I need
To grow back my wings
To finally be free

No comments:

Post a Comment