Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Leaving the Darkness Alone


Fighting through each corridor
Throwing punches left and right
Never knowing what's in store
Never getting it right

The light that once shone has fizzled out
Leaving the darkness alone.
And no matter how loud you try to shout
All the people have all gone

Life is not always a happy place 
The sun doesn't always shine.
But so long as I'm in your good grace 
I feel that things will be fine.

Breaking down and fighting hard
Everything has changed.
I'm being steadily torn apart
Filled with feelings so strange.

Maybe nothing at all has changed
Maybe it's just me.
Maybe my thoughts have rearranged
Finally breaking free.

See, it's just another thoughtless day
An opportunity for tricks
For finding every possible way
To kick down the wall of bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment