Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Safehouse

Forever and a day ago I thought that I knew me
But I was stuck I didn't know
That I was far from free
In a prison made by me
With walls to guard my heart
I made a castle laced with steel and tore myself apart

The towers turned to rubble coarse and every wall to dust
Steel melted and pipes burst
Gates succumbed to rust
Ashes still for days on end
A new castle tried to rise
But without the will, foundations bend and each attempt dies

I can't rebuild, I can't go back
Can't retrace my tracks
Broken pieces melted, darkness coal black

The guards can't keep me safe
I'm stronger on my own
Don't need gates, masked face
Melted steel in my bones

The castle's now inside of me and I will be okay
I'm finally close to being free
I grow stronger every day
I can protect me and I'm not a prison
I am my own safehouse
The sun has but newly arisen and I can find my way out

No comments:

Post a Comment