Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cavalier of the Night

Deep black and dying blue
Strength and grace and fire
He sees right through you
The charm of a liar

Suit and tie and fearless smile
A mystery you'd die to solve
Fiery wit and rampant guile
A heart he won't absolve

Can't be touched and can't be held
He dances with his words
Smoke and ice that can't be felt
Thunder that can't be heard

An old talent for a new high
On a rare winter night
Just a single song alive
With a dare in his eye

A storm in his heart
He will draw you in
Rip you apart
Watch you falling

You'll defend him forever
Let him lead you to death
A trap and a treasure
He'll be your last breath

A sharp knife and a final stone
He's a beautiful lie you can trust
A valiant savior well known
A killer at dusk

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Kalcee. Thanks so much for your beautiful poetry. Reading through some of these has really gotten me to feel like I need to give my writing another workout soon!

    I just randomly searched for some nice "mystery poetry" and came across this page. I just recorded a brief tune/song with these lyrics. I don't intend on uploading it anywhere other than to share with a few close friends. Do you mind if I do this? I can send you the file, too, if you like. It's not very good, but fun to make nonetheless.

    Thanks!
    Rekka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      I don't mind at all, and I would definitely like to hear it! Please send it to kalcee@kalceeclornel.com

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello, may I please use your poem(s) in a story that I am writing. I will give full credit. The story will not be published.
    Thank you for the amazing poetry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) of course you may use my poems in your story, thank you so much for asking and providing credit!

      Delete
    2. And may I also use your poem in a novel I am writing. it will not be published, i only write for fun.

      Delete
    3. No problem, you're welcome to use my poem, as long as credit is provided somewhere! Thank you so much for asking!

      Delete
  3. Oh-My-Gosh! Can I just say that is beautiful. I love the way it's notoriously written. Many thumbs up to you!

    ReplyDelete